- 6 bacon slices, chopped
- 2 cup clams
- 1 cup bay scallops
- 1 cup bay shrimp
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 8 cup fish stock or clam juice or combination (best)
- 2 cup red potatoes, diced
- 0.25 cup flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 0.25 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 0.75 lb of live mussels cleaned
- In a large pot cook bacon until fat is rendered. Remove bacon and set aside. Lower heat to medium and add butter.
- Once the butter is fully melted, add flour and whisk continually until golden. Toss in the onions, celery, some salt & peppers and stir until the onions are translucent.
- Add the stock, potatoes, bacon and half the parsley. Bring to a boil. Boil until the potatoes have been cooked (10-20 minutes depending on how big the chunks are).
- Let loose the shrimp and scallops in the boiling broth, reduce heat to a simmer and stir in the heavy cream.
- Add the mussels and put a lid on top for 5 minutes max.
- Lift the lid and it’s ready to serve with parsley as a garnish and a couple of dashes of Tabasco.