- 8 cup pork stock
- 1 lb roasted pork shoulder chunked
- 0.5 cup loose cilantro leaves
- 2 hatch chilis or 1 poblano skinned and seeded
- 1 can hominy
- Sliced radishes for garnish
- Shredded cabbage for garnish
- Combine chilis, half the cilantro, and 1 cup stock in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a pot and add the rest of the stock. When It’s just about to boil, throw in pork chunks and hominy reduce the heat to low.
- To serve, spoon soup into individual bowls and garnish with sliced radishes, shredded cabbage and remaining cilantro.