Stuffed Game Hens
- 0.5 cup wild rice (1 ½ cup cooked)
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 0.5 cup mushrooms, minced
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp thyme, stripped from sprig
- 1 tsp sage, finely chopped
- 1 tsp rosemary, chopped
- 1 tbsp Brandy
- Season hens inside and out with salt and pepper, cover and refrigerate. Wash wild rice in a strainer. Simmer in 2 cups of water with 1 tbsp salt for 1 hour. Drain remaining liquid.
- Sauté mushrooms, onions and minced hen livers in butter until onions are translucent. Combine sauté, wild rice, brandy, thyme, sage and rosemary. Once cool, stuff hens.
- Bake hens at 375 degrees for 1 hour, basting often with chicken broth.