Tequila-Lime Chicken Tacos
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or breasts if you prefer)
- 2 shots tequila
- ¼ cup of tequila
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tbsp salt
- To start, drink one shot of tequila for courage, then combine tequila, lime juice, cilantro garlic and salt into a bowl and stir together. Place the chicken pieces in the bowl and mix around until completely coated. Cover and place in refrigerator for a minimum of an hour, up to four hours. Rotate the chicken pieces several times at regular intervals during the length of the marinating process.
- When you are ready to cook, remove the chicken from the liquid and pat dry with a paper towel. Liquid can be used for basting as the chicken grills for more flavor. Grilling the chicken will give you the best results, but can also be cooked in a skillet on the stove.
- Let the chicken rest for a few minutes after cooking and then slice up for tacos.